10.15.2013

FLORENCE PART I

While home in Italy this summer, I was able to take a little 3 day trip with my boyfriend to Florence. Neither of us had ever been, so it was nice to discover a new place together instead of me being the tourist guide for him. I shot a lot of 35mm film over the summer in Italy and I'm happy to say it all made it back to the states in one piece, where I sent it off to the lab.  This was shot on my Nikon N80 and a mix of Kodak Portra 400 and Ektar 100. So here's part I of Firenze..




When visiting the cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore you can choose to go up the Tower of Giotto or go to the top of the cupola. We chose the tower randomly first and we chose well because we got an amazing view of the dome and the city. Those hundreds and hundreds of stairs to the top were worth it.





A friend of mine suggested we visit this famous panino place in the center of town and wow, it is definitely worthy of it's fame. We visited two days in a row.